Business Improvement Techniques
Business Improvement Techniques are the most suitable qualifications to makes sure your employees have the skills and knowledge to improve business performance. These qualifications can help you empower your employees and provide them with the key competencies they need to play a role in improving your business performance. Benefits can include boosting morale and motivation among the workforce, winning more contracts, maximising company profits and revenue, reducing costs and waste, reducing workplace accidents and proving the quality of your employees to your existing and potential clients.
There are no specific entry requirements or age restrictions for these Business Improvement Techniques qualifications. They are designed, however, to sit alongside existing qualifications or those that candidates are already working towards.
This Business Improvement Techniques NVQ Level 2 uses the philosophies of lean manufacturing to teach learners how to eliminate waste, reduce costs and boost productivity. All candidates will study five mandatory assessment routes:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Contributing to effective team working
- Applying workplace organisation techniques
- Applying continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen)
- Creating visual management systems.
An additional optional assessment route is also chosen from:
- Analysing and selecting parts for improvements
- Applying set-up reduction techniques
- Applying Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Applying problem solving techniques
- Applying flow process analysis
- Carrying out potential Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Carrying out Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Carrying out mistake/error proofing (Poka Yoke)
- Creating standard operating procedures.